The organisation’s internal environment
The following influences have an impact on the organisation’s internal environment: • organisational culture and image
• strength of policies and procedures
• organisational structure
• quality and continuous improvement approach
• private or public organisational structure
• top-down management leadership or a teams approach
• competitive pressures or lack of competitive pressures
• budget pressures
• restructuring and change
• organisational social activities – programmed and otherwise.
Consider: How well your organisations arts against each item?
The organisation’s external environment
Threats and opportunities from the organisation’s external environment might be derived from the following:
• the strength of the economy • political/social change
• industrial relations issues
• competitive pressures
• technological change
• market factors.
Plans can help the organisation to:
• defend itself from threats and
• take opportunities.